Props for your Bookstagram



The Bookstagram hashtag is known for having numerous cozy pictures of books. Each Instagrammer has their own themes, from cute to fantastical. Do you have a theme? If so, what is it? If not, what could it be? I find that themes can make Bookstagrams look cohesive and clean. My theme happens to be inspired by the woods surrounding me. You'll find that a lot of these items are related to my theme, but, I hope you may be able to apply them to your own. A lot of these items can be found in thrift shops or on walks outside your home.


Vintage Books 
The great thing about vintage books is that you can find them in an assortment of colors, so they can easily match a theme that you've gone with. Aside from their outer appearance, some vintage books have beautiful illustrations within them. I like to showcase ones that have birds or flowers. If you don't have any of these on hand, try to look around at your local thrift store or library sale. 


Wood 
If you have wood flooring, you can easily use that for flat lays. If you don't have wood flooring, wood scrapbook paper or contact paper can be used. Another option is to find hefty sticks or pieces of driftwood to add to your images.


Artificial Foliage & Flowers 
Or real, if you're real cool. A lot of us, myself included, do not have the budget for real flowers on the daily. However, artificial foliage and flowers are the next best thing. These can add so much to a picture and  frame images beautifully. Something else that you can do is to use dried flowers - I have a few pieces of dried sea lavendar from my best friend's wedding that I love to use. They are so dainty and sweet!


Crystals 
Crystals are becoming easier and easier to come by these days and adding even just a small crystal to your arrangement can add just a bit more pizazz. I find that it's cheaper to purchase crystals from vendors at fairs or gem shows than to purchase at metaphysical stores. Another option is to see if there's a Michaels nearby. They do sell crystals on a string with their beading selection.


Rocks 
Rocks can also be beautiful in pictures! I highly suggest looking around your environment. While on my recent trip to Arizona, they had amazing rocks *and crystals* that I found on my hikes there. If you live near the ocean, you can find gorgeous sea rocks/crystals. Definitely check around you!


Feathers 
Feathers can be found in your environment or in antique stores. Please remember to only purchase feathers that have been humanly and ethically 'harvested' (only from birds that have shed them themselves.) or if not, artificial feathers. You can even DIY your own feathers using paper! 


Origami 

Origami is one of my most favorite hobbies! At a very young age, my mother taught me how to create cute masu boxes, among other origami goods. This goes to show you, that you can also learn - no matter the age! Origami cranes and other creatures would be an adorable aspect to your pictures.

No comments